Special people in our lives

Friday, December 28, 2007

One-way tickets for mummy, tricia and timothy on 24th December 2007

It was a teary departure... I had been fighting back tears since the day began back at my mum's place. Everything went on as usual that day, especially for the kids... somehow, when there are kids around, sorrows can still be quite bearable. I had dinner with my parents, brother, sister and her hubby at home... the company was great but I had no appetite to eat...I guess the pain of leaving home must have numbed my tastebud. The past 2 months, I treasure the short time spent at my parent's place. It had been more than comfortable and it's going to be wonderful memories that will take me through the years ahead...

Somehow, I don't know what's the best way to handle this departure... The last few moments were precious yet the most painful. I led my 2 kids through the departure gates at 10+... and for the next few days...the scene remain in my mind for a long while...and without fail, tears will well up in my eyes as that sense of reluctance to leave fill my my heart. I had to fight back tears as I konw that I need to remind compose for my kids...I was in a daze as I walk in to look for gate E6 but I was determined to find it fast so that I could check in... On the plane, I could finally mourn for a while. Tricia was especially curious as to why mummy was crying and she was wonderfully comforting, telling me that everything will be alright. Timothy was rather amused, and he told me not to be so emotional and that he is very happy to go... This is the one miserable flight that I had no appetite to eat and no mood to watch any movie... Looks like the happiest ones are Timothy and Tricia...


Brother and sister posing for a shot inside the departure hall...they were reminising about their last trip to Sydney in June and coincidentally, Timothy was wearing the same T-shirt when he left for Sydney then...

Ah Gong, Ah Ma, Ah Yee, Ah Gu and Uncle Thomas all here to send us at the departure hall...
Yeye, Mama, Uncle Calvin and Aunty Maureen and her parents, just before leaving for the flight.
Timothy and Gabriel, their last buddy hug for the year... till they meet again...


Tricia misses her playmate, Clarissa.



Merry Christmas to everyone...

1 comment:

Fond Beads said...

Halo Sis, what u have written is what I am feeling too, I am sad to see u guys go but I also want to wish u a blessed trip, this is one sad x'mas for me ;(
Seeing u guys walking into the departure hall was THE MOMENT for me, had a hard time holding back my tears. But we will see each other soon, till than...chao....