It's the school holidays!
The upside for mummy is: No more 6:00am alarm; no lunch boxes to prepare and of course no rushing the last minute and getting the kids ready on time to leave the house for school. The morning hours has been quite a breeze this week with sleeping-ins and taking our own time to get ready for any activities planned for the day. So what's the downside? I've forgotten how to play 'referee' and that the kids' buzzing around me all day can be so exhausting... I must constantly remind myself to stay out of their bantering and stay sane... I've 1 more week to go!
Today we took an hours' drive to the West of Melbourne to visit Science Works. Wow! We had to join a very long Q to get the tickets...1 hour standing there in the windy and cold outdoor...We weren't dressed for that. Each of us must have burned a ton of energy fighting the cold. Once inside, it's another long Q to get into the cafe. Eventually, we warmed up and filled up our stomach and got ready to explore the Science Centre of Melbourne.
The highlight was the Star Wars Exhibitions. It was great seeing all the things that we've seen on the movies. At home, we've started this school holidays with the Star Wars I and tonight, after visiting the exhibits, we're home to watch Star Wars V.
We talked about the show alot and I've just begun to appreciate the story. I realized that Timothy had already watched all the episodes and he remembers every single one in great detail. No wonder there doesn't seem to be enough memory space in his head for some critical mathematics facts... Timothy, what's 7x8?...???? O come on... And what's the formula for perimeter? There, got mixed up with area again?!
No comments:
Post a Comment