Special people in our lives

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

On a sunny winter day...

It's looking alot like winter. With temperatures falling below 10 degrees on most mornings, I find myself piling on the beanie, gloves and scarve. It's especially freezing in the morning fog, not to mention the merciless wind that chills me to the bones.


But on most afternoons, Mr Sun manages to shine through and break through the clouds, clearing the sky to a beautiful blue. These are also the precious few hours of sunshine for hanging out the clothes on the line which otherwise will have to be tumble dry. Some afternoons, I forget that it's winter when my living room heats up to a mid-20degrees.


Weather watch is so important to our everyday life. It's helps us to decide where to go, what to wear and what to do. Although we still head out even if it rains, we welcome the warm sunshine and would enjoy an outdoor play on sunny winter days.


We were at Skyhigh Mount Dandenong on 9 June, Queen's Birthday. It's about half an hour drive away. From here, we have the breathtaking view of the Melbourne city and the suburbs around it.







This is part of the Secret Garden.

Timothy made a wish at the wishing tree: 'I want a Ferrari."












Tricia had a wonderful time!


This is part of the English Garden.



This is one of the most spectacular place I've been to. I hope my kids know how fortunate they are to be up here on top of Mount Dandenong.


1 comment:

Fond Beads said...

Mount Dandenong is indeed beautiful. Is this the mountain we went halfway the other time & the car cough out green liquid? ;p