Tricia's very happy to be back at school. She's so abled in all her work and had just received the Student of the Week last Monday during assembly. Her teacher had commended her on her confident approach to all class activities and her good progress in her reading. So proud of her!
Tricia started her swim lessons this year. She looks forward to her weekly sessions at the Nunawading Aqualink pool on Thursdays. At the pool, she enjoys herself thoroughly. Her swim lesson only last for half an hour so we usually get there earlier so that she can have some play before the lesson. I almost forgot that not so long ago, at the beginning of this year, she would always hold onto me whenever we're at the pool. Now, she dashes towards the pool and jumps in straight away...
On the 28th April, Mummy and Papa brought Tricia for immunisation. She had to be given 4 jabs! I couldn't bear to see her go through 4 jabs at one go! Guess I was the timid one... After some discussions with the nurse, we decided that she'll take all at one go, otherwise, it can be rather traumatic for her to come back again. Besides, there're no medical problems. So Tricia had these vaccines: Meningococcal, MMR, Booster Poliomyelitis IPV and Hep B. 2 jabs on each arm.
Tricia was so brave plus the nurse is also such an expert. Although rather nervous, she went through it with just a few tears. In fact, she stared straight at the 1st needle as it went into her arm!!! I didn't realise it cos I wasn't looking...the nurse prompted me so I had to shield her view with the stack of stickers. And when it was over, Tricia was also very surprised that it was over so quickly.
The next immunisation for her will be in Seconday School, when she starts Year 7.
2 comments:
Wow! 4 jabs! I cannot imagine myself going throught it. Tricia is indeed very brave. So proud of her.
- Ah Yi
I'm proud of Tricia too.
I just had influenza & chicken pox jabs on 29 April, it was a bit frightening those needles. The chicken pox need another job 2 months later, after which I should be immune like all of you folks.
Ah Gu
Post a Comment