Special people in our lives

Monday, June 1, 2009

I've been wanting to share...

...there're pictures of some things that have kept me pretty busy the last few weeks.

Whenever I find time to login and settle down comfortable at my computer, I get carried away reading the news and checking emails. There's so much to read online, the emails need reply and occasionally, I'll get into facebook and browse around. And time flies! I just realise that I hadn't gone into this blog since 10th May.

I haven't gone MIA, my family is still as active as ever...

At the kids' Chinese School...Timothy and Tricia attends Chinese classes on Saturday mornings. For Mothers' Day, every class put up a song item...


Tricia introduced the song item for the class, and she is the most expressive singer in the group! As for the brother...

He prefers to stay 'backstage'...can you spot him? Left side...;)
(sorry for the poor images, from my handphone)

With lessons at the Chinese school, there's quite a bit of homework. Can you remember those days you had to write page after page of Chinese words and passages? I do...actually I think I might have enjoyed it. But I've forgotten how to write too many words...Shame Shame...I've to refer to the Chinese-English dictionary. Thanks to my brother who bought one for Timothy last Christmas. It's very handy!

Now, everyday, after the kids settled down in the evening, we will all sit together at the dining table to go over their homework...writing for their Chinese homework takes quite a bit of time...thank God they are quite fast workers...So they still have time and energy for their school homework like Story Writing, Maths and Spelling and their projects. Tricia has to prepare for her weekly Show and Tell and Timothy's got his weekly task from the activity matrix. It's always a very busy hour for mummy. Not enough of mummy to go around these 2 active kids...they have tons of questions and sometimes mess around too much ! I always make sure I have my afternoon coffee to perk me up to face the challenge.

I help out in the kids' classrooms once a week. A couple of weeks ago, I went out with Timothy's class to a bush walk at the Yerran Dheran Nature Reserve. It's about 15 minutes walk from my house. So naturally we all walk from school.

We met with a park volunteer who guided us through a path and showed us the native plants and talked about the history of the place.

At the picnic area, Timothy and his friends having their lunch.

This is one of the activity where they pick a spot around a pond to reflect on a series of questions and write a poem... 20 minutes of silence.

It's so cool!

...a few kids got a little uncomfortable at first but all settled down...

I enjoyed it...I could actually sit and relax for a while. I must congratulate the teacher for this innovative idea. It's wonderful to watch the kids work and not being able to come up to the teacher for help. And did they come up with anything? Yes! Very fruitful time. They had their time of sharing and most of them appreciated the quietness and peacefulness surrounding them.
They realise that they can't bother anyone and also enjoyed not having anyone bother them while they work. Valuable lesson. And they all liked to do that again.

On a Sunday afternoon...at the park...


We've been taking the kids to the park to ride their bicycles. Timothy has gotten very familiar with the new bike. And having lots of fun... Tricia is very happy with hers too. Papa has a bike too, but he can't ride it along the kids yet cos we still need to jaga them...but soon, they should be getting the hang of it. And mummy is looking at buying one too.

Look at them, helmet and all...
There they go...far far away around the park...O no! My kids, too far...


Indeed the kids are growing up so fast and soon, further away from me... I mean, they will have their own friends, their own interest and activities, school or work... things that keep them occupied... Soon, they will have their own life to lead...But till then, they are all mine!

1 comment:

Fond Beads said...

I have missed your updates...so happy to see the kids having fun, in all that they are doing, everyday.

Indeed they are growing up so quickly, by the time they return this year end, I think Timothy will be as tall as me!!!