Special people in our lives

Saturday, January 5, 2008

Mummy's Cooking

This is Australia's Banana Prawns, I used with egg noodles.

On the right is steamed tofu and egg with enoki mushroom.


My kids love pan-fried fish. And that's what they got on this day when we found this fillet... Very satisfying meal, with the plain porridge and fried eggs with french beans and minced pork...










Timothy and Tricia - Yum!

This is chicken stew with steam rice (The fresh drumsticks cost only $3.60 for 6 pieces, from Dandenong Market). The stir fried vegetable is choy-sum, $2 for 3 big packs which we bought at Boxhill (the land of the Hongkongers).


This is porridge, on the left, cooked with meat and small pak-choy. It goes well with eggs fried with white onions.

I do noodles very often as the kids love their noodles, soup or dry. And there's a variety here, just like back home... I actually found mee-tai-mak at the Yang Yang Supermarket at Boxhill.

The most creative thing that I do now is cooking. It begins with planning what to cook, shopping for the ingredients, preparing to cook, the actual cooking and voila - ready to serve... it's not all masak-masak alright, really hard work...but with a bit of creativity, there is some result so far... Alvin and the kids slurp up the food at every meal (it's either they're starving or my cooking is superb)...it's encouraging to see them eating well.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Your food looks good! I'm feeling hungry now. :)

Hee... glad to hear that you are accustoming well. Take care!

Fond Beads said...

its 12pm here in Singapore & I'm straving, esp. after looking at all these spread....hurry thomas, lets go for lunch now!

Anonymous said...

Had shown your "cook of Art" to mom, she's impressed and said "well done, the 2 kids are well fed."
She wants to tell u we haing dinner with Hwee on Sunday.

your bro

Anonymous said...

heyyaa...
nothing beats home-cooked meal huh.

Anonymous said...

Hi Chai

Great to see how those wonderful pictures! It is good to be a real cooking-mum for the kids! I am sure very son Alvin got to do more workouts! Btw, here's my blog. www.puicat-puicat@blogspot.com

Love
Linda