Special people in our lives

Sunday, August 3, 2008

Magnolia VS Cherry Blossoms

August is deemed to be the coldest month of Victoria's winter. I woke up to a cold and rainy morning on the 1st August. This is it. I thought. Wet, windy and ultra-cold days ahead. No worries (just what the Aussies always say). We're prepared. And climatised too.

Hurray to the bountiful sunshine. It's been sunny almost everyday. Still cold though. But at least, sunny days brightens up my mood. And since my house allows plenty of sunshine in, we've been able to enjoy some warmth from the sun.

Magnolia blossoms in winter. Pink tulip-shaped flowers. Some are white and have rounder petals. This plant is inside someone's garden, along the street I walk to the nearest supermarket. There's a sign on the door that says 'Magnolia House'.


I was really surprised to see cherry blossoms. It's everywhere. The flowers can't wait till spring. I wonder if winter is going to be shorter than usual. Perhaps, it has been sunnier than usual. This tree is outside my neighbour's house. I'm really tempted to pluck a few stalks and bring them home.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Chai Hong...
Beautiful flowers...:)
We might be heading to Melbourne soon...let u know when confirmed...
Can email me ur contact nos?

-Janice