"I've a goal. I won't give up. I can do this. I've a goal you know? Mummy, do you want to have a goal too?"
So the journey began for Tricia to learn to count to 100. That's her Math goal. And she has successfully done it in 2 months. She's picked up the attitude of 'I won't give up till I reach my goal.'
I can count to 100. And now Tricia can also add and take away within 10.
It's wonderful to watch her learn. She's beginning to read independently. Patiently sounding out the letters and reading the words. And she writes so beautifully. She enjoys making her own books. Just a few sheets of paper stapled together, add a title to the front cover and she will go on to write her own books. Making up words and forming sentences, no worries on correct spelling, punctuation or structures. And her favourite part is illustrating her books.
Yesterday, I commented that I don't seem to be able to sound out words like the kids do. I guess I wasn't taught the phonics so well. And Timothy added that it's no wonder why I always mispronounced words ;( Ouch! That hurts.
1 comment:
Tricia, Uncle Thomas & Ah Yi is so proud of you. You set a goal & you have achieved it. Its a wonderful attitube to have, never give up. Ah Yi will learn from you - never give up - keep up the good work!
- Ah Yi
Post a Comment