Special people in our lives

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

UV warning: Extreme

We've hit summer again. Or should I say, summer has 'hit' us again. I'm not complaining of the heat, not yet. But the UV warning on the weather forecast has changed to 'Extreme'. (UV warning from Mild to Moderate and sometimes High or Very High) Now it's 'Extreme'... That's bad, very bad, very bad harmful UV rays 'attacking' my skin everyday! I just pulled out my extra protective sunblock...got to pile it on before I leave the house, even if it's just to hang out the laundry in the backyard.

The kids are enjoying the sunny days spending longer time playing in the backyard after school. With the daylight savings, the sun only starts to set at about 8pm...so it's getting harder to tune in to bedtime. One evening, they went outside to play cricket after dinner. It was hard to break up the fun and get them into the house when it's still bright and breezy outside. I usually have to close the blinds and turn on the lights just to 'stimulate' night time. I'm not looking forward to the full swing of summer when the sun sets at 9pm. Lately, I've also been waking at about 5.50am when the sunshine peeps through the blinds. That's quite annoying!

One of the most important item I have with me is my sunglasses. I cannot do without it. I have it with me throughout the year, through all the seasons...



That's me! With my trusty sunnies. It was in July, I was looking out at the Twelve Apostles. And I always remember my wonderful friends from WestView Pri who bought me this perfect gift! Thank you... Wee Heng, Sharm, Pheck Keng, Judy, Karin, Jac, See Chow, Lee Cheng, Cheryl, Siti, Mary, Ruth, Esther, Gail and Mrs Tong.

No comments: