Here are some of her drawings on the ground in the backyard...
Unlike her brother, Tricia is very shy with the other kids, mainly due to the language barrier – she can’t understand the lingo and nuances in the other’s kids’ speech. She often says, ‘I dunno what they’re talking about.’ My poor girl.
One afternoon, Tricia asked me, ‘Mummy, when are we going back to Singapore?’ ;(
I was shocked by her question and very concern what she was thinking. I went to her and told her we’ll go back at the end of the year. And to that, she asked again, ‘Is end of the year tomorrow?’ This is how fast kids her age want things to happen.
I spent some time talking to her and explained that we’re here now and they’ve started school, papa has started work…so we’ll stay till the big holiday before we return to SGP. Of course, she can’t wait.
In her own words, ‘I miss My S’pore School, my teacher, Mrs Lin, and my friends in Lemon class.’ Now and then, she talks about returning to SGP and continue to the nursery class she was with last year. That’s how much she misses BPMC Kindergarten. She has had wonderful memories there. But most of all, she misses her grandparents.
One afternoon, Tricia asked me, ‘Mummy, when are we going back to Singapore?’ ;(
I was shocked by her question and very concern what she was thinking. I went to her and told her we’ll go back at the end of the year. And to that, she asked again, ‘Is end of the year tomorrow?’ This is how fast kids her age want things to happen.
I spent some time talking to her and explained that we’re here now and they’ve started school, papa has started work…so we’ll stay till the big holiday before we return to SGP. Of course, she can’t wait.
In her own words, ‘I miss My S’pore School, my teacher, Mrs Lin, and my friends in Lemon class.’ Now and then, she talks about returning to SGP and continue to the nursery class she was with last year. That’s how much she misses BPMC Kindergarten. She has had wonderful memories there. But most of all, she misses her grandparents.
She likes being with Aria. Aria’s her new friend, her family has moved here from India 3 years ago. They share and work well together. They both love to draw. When Aria’s not in school, she comes back and tells me how lonely she felt. She also asked me why there are so many kids with blonde hair and some with blue eyes. Lately, she's beginning to speak with an aussie accent, usually when she's playing with her dolls and toys, imitating her teacher...
Tricia and I made this little paper plate autumn wreath. This week, the letter is A and Tricia’s Show and Tell will be on Autumn, A for Autumn… Just wish that she didn’t have to do this in the hot ‘summer heat’… but we’ve so much fun making it. We love our autumn wreath.
2 comments:
Dear Chai, your Tricia is an Artist! Tell her Auntie Miao says she can draw very well :-)
Keep drawing Tricia, you can cheer everyone up with your beautiful drawings.
Aunty Janet
Post a Comment